I haven't done a Things I Love Thursday in quite some time, so here are a few of the things making my world go round at the moment:
- my partner and I have been spending time exploring abandoned buildings around the area where we live. There are a lot of disused farms down deserted backroads, a few empty factories and an awful lot of out-of-the-way houses standing empty, so it's prime suburban-Gothic creepsville real estate. Especially good in the evenings for watching sunsets and bats (but not at night, I don't want to be the first five minutes of a Supernatural episode, thanks).
- naps! I just started back at work as a part-timer after eight months off to study and I am suddenly knackered all of the time, so naps have become a big part of my routine. Yeah, I know, I'm such an old lady but I don't care.
- stargazing. My boyfriend and I happened to be walking home very late at night during a meteor shower, and there was the clearest sky I have ever seen. It was absolutely amazing, like looking into eternity.
- all things cryptozoology. It is very hard not to Google cryptids when I'm supposed to be studying. Also, I'm really excited about trolls. I love trolls.
- truck stops and roadside cafes.
- Subscription boxes! I had the unbelievable luck of scoring a complete secondhand Lootcrate from work (the Vs. box from March). I love the idea of a subscription box and am probably going to ask for one for Christmas but there are so many that appeal to me that I don't know which one to choose.
- having rooftop access on my lunch breaks. Nothing like sitting on the flat roof with a book and a hot coffee, under the blue sky.
- London at night.
- getting 94% on my first psychology test.
- Seanan McGuire's October Daye series of books. Highly recommended for fellow urban fantasy fans and faerie obsessives.
Listening to: Down by the Water by PJ Harvey