Thursday, 30 June 2016

My 'My Little Pony' Collection

Extremely photo heavy!

I've been collecting My Little Pony since childhood. I got my first pony, Confetti, when I was two, from a car bootsale. A large proportion of my herd were secondhand to begin with and have been thoroughly played with in my early years, so unfortunately they are not in as good condition as they could be. But I still love them!

This is the first time I have had my whole collection together and on display. Usually at least some of it is boxed up at any given time. I did used to have some more - a beanbag, which sadly disintegrated over time; a set of curtains; miscellaneous other things that went astray during my childhood and duplicate ponies which I apparently felt the need to distribute amongst pony-less friends.

This is also the first time my partner has seen my collection. I think he was somewhat startled. But in a... good way? ^_^

I mostly collect generation one MLPs, but I have somehow acquired a fair amount of gen twos and have recently fallen in love with generation threes and intend to get some more. Generation four is not doing it for me, I can't lie. I love Friendship is Magic (yes, I'm one of *those* people) but the actual figurines I'm just not so keen on. They're so... small.
















I've never actually managed an exact count, but I believe I have somewhere in the region of 300 ponies (which in the world of MLP collectors is not exceptional). (This is my attic, hence the annoying beam shadows across some of the photos. Being faced with this amount of colourful plastic ponies also startles the people who come to do maintenance on the water tank or electrics.)






My Paradise Estate is sadly damaged (not by me!) and incomplete. But I do have quite a few sets of Pony Wear. ^^


I also have a fair amount of miscellania, including magazines,  a sewing machine, cake molds, clothing, wall hangings - even a voucher from my childhood for a free horse-riding lesson with the purchase of a particular pony (I have no memory of this lesson but apparently I did go, with my friend Holly).

I have recently started to become more involved in the pony-collecting community online and was delighted to find what a friendly bunch of people they are. This may be a slightly bonkers hobby but it's harmless and keeps me out of mischief. I am proud of my collection! :)

10 comments:

  1. Awww <3 When I was a child, I loved My Little Pony! And I guess I still do. What a big and great collection!

    darkwoodenpath.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I am basically still a child, just a very large one ;)

      Delete
  2. I used to have some of these. My collection was pretty small though, it all fit into one suitcase and most of my ponies came second-hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are mostly secondhand too, although getting harder and harder to find >.<

      Delete
  3. Gen 3 for the win! I have quite a large collection of ponies in mu garage attic, which I gained most from my sister. I happen to have a lot of Gen 3.5 (I think), which are the smaller ones, but not as small as Gen 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like the 3.5s! I was surprised by how many Gen 2's I have (I don't like them as much), but yeah, I can't get into Gen 4 as much as I would like. Would love a return to more of the original style again, as Gen 3 was.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a collection! I nostalgically like the old style ponies, not a fan of the new. My mum got rid of my old ones! Noooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Between ponies and Pokemon it's a very nostalgic year. I love the new TV show but the actual figurines, I just can't fall in love with them as much. Oh noooo! That's a shame :(

      Delete
  5. I still have all of mine (considerably less than yours XD).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some more at a secondhand sale this week >.< they're impossible to stop collecting once you start I think. I did think about selling some of mine but I just couldn't.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...