Monday, 23 May 2016

Fifteen Reasons to Smile

A post that (hopefully) does exactly what it says on the tin. I've been collecting links and ideas of snippets of things that I have found funny or adorable or heartwarming, and I thought, hey, why not share them here? This is probably fairly nerdy of me, but I do like a bit of fluff from time to time and I have to assume that I'm not the only one! So without further ado:

  1. The Land of the Strays, otherwise known as Paradise. This is an island off the coast of Costa Rica that has become a shelter for hundreds of stray mongrel dogs! The dogs are also given their own unique 'breed' based on their characteristics, such as 'Fire-Tailed Border Cocker'. And yes, you can visit. <3
  2. This absolutely hilarious Tumblr post about medieval monks inventing bestiaries. 
  3. Lying on the grass at night and looking for satellites.
  4. Passionfruit incense.
  5. "And the elephant goes toot." (Sorry. I find this hilarious.)
  6. Evanna Lynch. She's such a dork and I love her.
  7. The green lady.
  8. Bubble tea.
  9. Jobs listed on London's first census, including 'Knight of the Thimble', 'fifty-two years an imbecile' and 'turnip shepherd'.
  10. This amazing band playing in a subway. I love the saxophonist's dance. The lungs on this guy!
  11. Narrowboats.
  12. Operation Beautiful. I know I'm soppy, but I can't actually visit this site without getting all teary.
  13. The Goat Simulator game on XBox. My boyfriend downloaded this game because he thought I'd enjoy it, and he was right. Not sure what that says about me, but never mind. This game is incredibly pointless, absolutely hilarious, and looks fantastically funny when it glitches.
  14. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Haven't watched MLP in years, but I went to visit my best friend and her baby daughter Eira the other day and ended up enjoying what was on the telly more than Eira was (to be fair, though, she is four months old and really only interested in the pretty colours).
  15. Sorry to fangirl (actually not sorry) but this picture and story of Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles (the stars of Supernatural, for those of you who live normal lives) was really lovely. The Supernatural cast seem like such nice, decent guys, it makes me love the show even more.

6 comments:

  1. I love the green lady and I might just have fallen more in love with Evanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I think I actually cried with laughter!

      Delete
  3. Actually yes, what does the fox say O_O never heard that song before (and not what i usually would listen to) but the question!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have foxes living behind our house in the woods so I can tell you they bark! Thankfully they don't sing like that guy ;) Yeah not my preferred style of music either but it cracks me up for some reason 😂

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...