Thursday, 5 May 2016

Favourites Masterpost: 2016 Reboot

Not the most exciting of updates - just a tweaking of my 2015 masterpost of favourite things to better reflect my current interests. 

Game of Thrones has lost its spot on my TV hotlist. I have had enough, now, of gore and gratuitous boobage. I'd quite like to stop watching but apparently the storyline is going to deviate from the book series and I'm too curious, I have to know what's going to happen! 

Supernatural makes an appearance - not because it's great TV necessarily but because I have been watching it in weekly binges with my best friend, which seems to have caused me to become weirdly emotionally attached to the characters. 

TV
The Big Bang Theory
True Blood (the first couple seasons, I feel it went downhill a lil bit after that)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Xena: Warrior Princess
Friends
The X Files
NCIS
Supernatural

Some new, feelgood additions to the films list. I have usually gone for darker fare when seeking out DVDs, so I was surprised by how much I like a cheerfully quirky comedy or romance. I'm currently working on expanding my DVD collection so please feel free to throw any recommendations my way.

Films
Pan's Labyrinth
Pitch Black
The Chronicles of Riddick
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Edward Scissorhands
Labyrinth
Mama
Pirates of the Caribbean
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Deadpool
Ten Inch Hero
Whip It!

Music (Songs and Artists)
Grit Girl by Alice Moving Under Skies
Butterfly by Crazy Town
Papillon by Editors
Wytches by Inkubus Sukkubus
Living Dead and Undecided by Pretentious, Moi?
All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
Destroy Me by Unter Null
Of the Night by Bastille
Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais
La La La by Naughty Boy
Lean On by Major Lazer & DJ Snake
Teddy by RazorBladeKisses
Pet Sematary by the Ramones (and I also love the cover version from the Muncie Girls)
Johnny Hollow
Emilie Autumn
The Birthday Massacre
The Cruxshadows
The Cure
Kate Bush
Hannah Fury
I:Scintilla

Artists
Brian Froud
Anne Sudworth
Tomasz-Mro
Meluseena
Mab Graves

I recently discovered and have begun tracking down the multi-author Borderlands series of books, which led me to purchase War of the Oaks by Emma Bull. Absolutely loved it and put it straight on the special shelf I reserve for favourite books.

Books
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin
Kraken by China Mieville
Valiant by Holly Black
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite
The Crow by James O'Barr
61 Nails by Mike Shevdon
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Bizenghast by M.Alice LeGrow
The Hobbit by J. R. R, Tolkien
Fated by Benedict Jacka
War of the Oaks by Emma Bull

Other Stuff
Looking into people's windows when I'm on the train.
Coffee and vanilla perfumes.
The smell of passionfruit.
Photos of city roofscapes.
Street art.
Salted caramel.
Converse.
Puppies and kittens.
The colour grey.
Scandinavian folklore.
Mountains.
Coziness.
The smell of sunshine.
Sunflowers.
Cable knit.
Jeans.
The Danish concept of hygge.
Bubble tea.
The colour indigo.
Blue hair.

6 comments:

  1. Great lists! I see a lot of things I like there! Have you seen Lost Girl, Hemlock Grove and The Magicians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) No, I haven't! Lost Girl is on my must-watch list but I'm trying to finish off some other series first (still playing catch-up on Vampire Diaries, Sherlock and True Blood, that's how behind the times I am!). I haven't heard of the others so I will be checking those out for sure! :) thank you! I've noticed from GoodReads that we have quite similar taste so I'm always excited by your recommendations :)

      Delete
  2. I liked War of the Oaks and Valiant a lot too! Did you read the other two books of the Modern Faerie Tale trilogy by Holly Black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did :) Valiant just happened to be my favourite. Although Tithe was a close second :)

      Delete
  3. Whee I also try to grow a nice DVD collection (but in a strange way, most things are getting bought from video store sales so a lot of old or unknown stuff but it is a lot of fun to find stuff you really like that you have never heard of before - for example: Larva :-D)
    But amy, how does sunshine smell? o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds like fun :) I get a lot of mine secondhand or through recommendations from movie buff friends.

      Like warm dry grass and hot pavements :) perhaps I'm a little mad but the air smells different to me on sunny days

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...