Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Oops, Another Hair Post (Lilac)

Last week I had my second hairdresser's appointment to finish my colour correction from brunette-to-blonde ombre to lilac hair. I have not managed to take any terribly flattering pictures of this hair so have some dorky ones instead.

My stylist Dani used chill* ed stain hair dyes in purple and silver mixer/toner.

Firstly, this is me (taking awkward salon selfies) after a scalp bleach and about a gallon of toner. The silvery ash-blonde I'd had for the previous fortnight had faded to a more conventional warm blonde (despite vigorous application of Touch of Silver shampoo), so it was great to shift back to something a little more elfin. This is the lightest my hair has EVER been; I love it. Dani assures me that as the lilac fades out it should return to something like this. No complaints!


Then we had the application of purple dye and yet more toner. My favourite thing about this colour is that different tones show up in different light.


Flopping on my bed.
Day three, after washing out a load of styling wax. A little more silvery again.
Apparently the salon wants to use my before-and-after pictures on their Facebook page which is nice. :) (Although when the social media lady asked to take my photo I'm pretty sure I was frozen with fear in every single one.)

I am crazy about this hair. <3 I feel like a cartoon character! The colour should last ten to twenty washes but I'm going to try washing in cold water to eke it out as long as possible (and I'm thinking about buying a tub of Directions Lilac dye to top up at home). I've already arranged with Dani that when it finally does fade, pink's next. :)

10 comments:

  1. I love the colour - actually, all the colours! I tried to dye my hair grey a few years ago (yeah, weird - I know) but it just wouldn't stay grey, even with the proper shampoo. After a couple of washes, it always turned a weird green. Not attractive nor what I wanted at all!

    And congratulations on your article, BTW! I'm just going to go check out the link to see if I can afford to get a copy of the magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love grey and silver hair, shame it doesn't last long! My boss had the same issue with green tones!

      Thank you! :) (I'm not sure what I can say about the magazine without sounding biased but I really enjoyed my copy!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going really silvery as it fades, which I'm enjoying ^^

      Delete
  3. Magical unicorn fairy princess! ^3^ The picture where you wear a scarf is the coolest, with natural light hitting your hair makes it look out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! ^^ (I was trying to get the sunset behind me in that picture but totally failed...)

      Delete
  4. Stunning, it looks so beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So depending on the light it is silver, purple or pinkish? thats amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A happy accident but yes! It's now faded to a blueish colour :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...