Articles I've Enjoyed
Things Introverts Absolutely Love
Never did I think I'd be linking to an article from Cosmopolitan. But I stumbled across this list on Pinterest, and it made me smile. It's really, really accurate for me. (Apart from watching House Hunters. If I'm going to watch crap-ish telly, I like Storage Hunters. Or Sin City Motors.)
Be An Unapologetic, Badass Body Love Warrior
Need I say more?
How to Maintain Bright Coloured Hair
Timely advice from Just Keep Brains, one of my favourite blogs. My hair's faded from lilac back to silvery-blonde, and when I scrape together enough cash to top up the colour, I'm hoping to make it last longer with Ramona's top tips.
We Want Control of Our Bodies
A short, thought-provoking piece about data exhaustion.
Forever Nomad: How to Really Make the World Your Home
As my Facebook and Tumblr friends may already know, my partner and I are planning a trip together in 2018, so as a newbie traveller I've been doing a lot of reading up on the nomadic life. This article was realistic without being intimidating.
- Stuffocation by James Wallman. I've been getting more interested in minimalism lately, but this book takes a slightly different angle on things, showing us the advantages of 'experientialism' instead - spending money and time on experiences instead of material things. Not without flaws, but interesting and quite inspiring.
- the Courtney Crumrin series by Ted Naifeh. Dark, funny, and cute.
- I've been looking back at some early issues of Girl Genius. To be honest I'd forgotten how appalling the art is in some of the early installments so I have had a bit of a giggle, but I still love the series. So. Much.
- Building Steam by Abney Park
- Too Close by Alex Clare
- Hideaway by Kiesza
- This Hollow World by Johnny Hollow
- (Currently playing: Psychomorph/We Feel Naked by Purple Fog Side)
- Don't Tell Me To Smile T-shirt from Feminist Apparel (guess who has a severe case of Resting Bitchface).
- Anything and everything from Frank Body. Give me the coffee-scented everything and no one gets hurt.
Got to seeing Deadpool and Star Wars: The Force Awakens this month and loved both, with a semi-obsessive platonic passion that I normally reserve for other people's pets.
Have also been watching the new X Files series. I was so excited when I saw it was going to be back on screens during my lifetime, but I have to be honest... I'm not quite feeling it yet. Scully is still my hero, though. Bless you, Gillian Anderson.
I also got wind of Neil Gaiman's Likely Stories being filmed for TV. Oh, be still, my heart. I don't have Sky, so if you do, and you live near me and know me reasonably well, expect me to be knocking on your door with a beseeching expression at some point fairly soon. I also did not know that Gaiman's How to Talk to Girls at Parties is in production as a movie. Scuse me whilst I lose my shit.
Style: Icons and Current Ponderings
- I recently re-watched the film Mama, and I have to say I'm loving Jessica Chastain's whole look here. (I really can't pull off that eye make-up, though. I did try. Just looked like an angry panda. Sad times.)