Thursday, 7 January 2016

TILT: Post-Festive Season Edition

Hello everyone! Hope you have been having a good 2016 so far. I'm excited to be posting the first TILT of the new year!

Here are some recent things that made me smile, laugh or just feel something:

  • a neighbour's chubby grey cat that likes to come into our porch and sit with me on the doorstep while I have my first cup of tea of the day. 
  • having my first ever driving lessons with my dad. It's a nice thing to do on a wintry Sunday morning. I used to be really nervous about driving but late in the year I suddenly thought, "I can do this now," and applied for my provisional license. I've only had three lessons and I'm not going to be in Formula One any time soon, but I've roughly got the hang of stop and go. Kind of. I'm really enjoying it, anyway.
  • my Christmas gifts! I hate to brag but I was really spoiled this year. I got some great films, some DVD box sets (I don't watch much TV on a day-to-day basis but I am a total box set junkie; I love to marathon-watch things), a great quantity of books (aw yiss), some perfume (Angel by Thierry Mugler), a beautiful personalised notebook, embossed with 'Amy's Ideas' (from my partner Dan), goodies from Lush, LOADS of chocolate, Star Wars merch, comics (my dad got me Rat Queens!), Amazon vouchers, Cards Against Humanity (YES), scented candles (I love joss sticks, candles, anything like that), cute socks, raspberry vodka and much more besides! The only downside is that it's hard to convince myself I should probably study when I have books to read and Hobbit films to watch. >.<
  • busting out the sequins and stockings for a festive outfit, and spending Christmas Eve with my boyfriend. 
  • getting an A on my first tutor-marked test paper for my English Language course.
  • befriending nice dogs at work. My colleagues and I encourage customers to bring their furbabies into the shop so we can make a fuss of them.
  • the caramel fudge hot chocolate at Costa. Total mouthgasm. Possibly the best thing I have ever drunk. *gently slides into a sugar coma*
  • this poem.
  • my Cryptozoology Tracking Society T-shirt from Maiden Voyage. It fits just right, the print is everything I could ever want, and it glows in the dark!

Perfect gifts from my boyfriend.

A photo posted by Amy Townsend (@wildlavendergirl) on

11 comments:

  1. I love your presents, your Cryptozoology Tracking Society T-shirt and your velvet boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The boots are my best-ever eBay bargain ;)

      Delete
  2. Cryptozoology top! Your cat friend sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are VERY cute (I am unsure on gender, it seems rude to look...)! :-3 I am not allowed any more cats so I spend a lot of time following other people's pets around.

      Delete
  3. That cat sounds really cute. Have you tried Alien by Thierry Mugler, it's my favourite perfume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Alien, although I've only ever had a sample bottle. I also got Womanity on special offer (down from £70 to £16, bargain) and I love that too :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely list of things to be happy about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those velvet boots! I guess they don't like wet weather though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo they do not. But they were reeeeally cheap ;) (eBay)

      Delete
  6. There is a chance you're eligible to receive a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...