Here are some recent things that made me smile, laugh or just feel something:
- a neighbour's chubby grey cat that likes to come into our porch and sit with me on the doorstep while I have my first cup of tea of the day.
- having my first ever driving lessons with my dad. It's a nice thing to do on a wintry Sunday morning. I used to be really nervous about driving but late in the year I suddenly thought, "I can do this now," and applied for my provisional license. I've only had three lessons and I'm not going to be in Formula One any time soon, but I've roughly got the hang of stop and go. Kind of. I'm really enjoying it, anyway.
- my Christmas gifts! I hate to brag but I was really spoiled this year. I got some great films, some DVD box sets (I don't watch much TV on a day-to-day basis but I am a total box set junkie; I love to marathon-watch things), a great quantity of books (aw yiss), some perfume (Angel by Thierry Mugler), a beautiful personalised notebook, embossed with 'Amy's Ideas' (from my partner Dan), goodies from Lush, LOADS of chocolate, Star Wars merch, comics (my dad got me Rat Queens!), Amazon vouchers, Cards Against Humanity (YES), scented candles (I love joss sticks, candles, anything like that), cute socks, raspberry vodka and much more besides! The only downside is that it's hard to convince myself I should probably study when I have books to read and Hobbit films to watch. >.<
- busting out the sequins and stockings for a festive outfit, and spending Christmas Eve with my boyfriend.
- getting an A on my first tutor-marked test paper for my English Language course.
- befriending nice dogs at work. My colleagues and I encourage customers to bring their furbabies into the shop so we can make a fuss of them.
- the caramel fudge hot chocolate at Costa. Total mouthgasm. Possibly the best thing I have ever drunk. *gently slides into a sugar coma*
- this poem.
- my Cryptozoology Tracking Society T-shirt from Maiden Voyage. It fits just right, the print is everything I could ever want, and it glows in the dark!
|Perfect gifts from my boyfriend.|