Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Silver-Haired Freak

Two posts in one week? What the waaaht? Well, I'm a little over-excited! Because, new hair!
Before...
After!
(Yes, I am wearing the same outfit in photos taken a week apart. I wear this T-shirt a LOT.)
I have been excited about my hair appointment since before Christmas, and I'm delighted to have finally got there! I feel so much more like myself. This was done by my incredibly patient hairdresser and good friend Dani and took six - SIX - hours. A bleach bath, a full head of foil highlights and a fresh cut and blow-dry. Bless that woman, not least because this is only part one of my restyle - I have to wait a fortnight between bleachings, but it's going even lighter, and Dani is going to put a colour on for me as well. Currently I have a very light ash blonde with a silver/violet toner.
But I love it! I spent ages growing my hair out and I really liked my ombre balayage, but this style feels so much more like me! Back to the scruffy pixie creature I secretly am ;)

Edited to add a bunch more low-quality phone photos, because I'm a vain bastard:
Half-girl half-goblin
I have such a strange nose!

20 comments:

  1. Eeee! I love it! And you're right - it suits your style really well. ^.^
    I think I need to find myself a hairdresser friend... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D
      Hairdresser friends are invaluable, I highly recommend them ;)

      Delete
  2. I really love the tones in your hair - the cut and colour suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I can't style it myself as well as my hairdresser does but I'm enjoying playing with it. ^^

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I thought I was going to be blonde-ish in between bleachings so the silver toner was a nice surprise. :)

      Delete
  4. Jealous of how pale you can get your hair! Wow! So fabulous! Your friend is very skilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I really didn't think it would go this light - I've always had trouble with it before. Usually it goes coppery and patchy so this was a pleasant surprise. Wish I had had it done professionally before to be honest instead of messing around with it myself like I usually do lol. Dani is a legend, I don't think I'd let anyone else come near me with a bleach bath >.<

      Delete
  5. Wow, crazy how a haircut seems to change a whole face. :D Do you know what colour your friend will put on?
    Another plus to that style, appart from looking awesome on you, is that it must be easier to care for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it does doesn't it! I have to admit I like short hair on me cause I'm a bit vain about my jawline :-s

      I was originally going to have hot pink but I liked the ashy tones so much that we're going for lilac first, then pink later in the year :) and turquoise after that!

      MUCH easier. I was getting really annoyed with my longer hair, it was forever in my mouth XP

      Delete
  6. I'm so envious of you natural true brunette/dark blonde magical creatures! Pretty sure I'd burn a hole through my hair trying to get it that light, so I'm living vicariously through you right now, recently started dying my hair ginger at a salon and I still can't get to true ginger without bleach. Sigh.

    Silver tones look amazing on you, and I think that's the only hair color that you have never tried? It's still fluffy and healthy too, your friend is a wizard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Funnily enough ginger is the one colour I really love that doesn't suit me at all :( so we can live vicariously through each other :-p

      Thanks very much! It is indeed :) well, this and yellow, but I don't think yellow would work for me >.< yes I'm glad it's still healthy, last time I home-bleached it it was definitely not as healthy as this, in fact a lot of it broke off (oops)...

      Delete
  7. Awwww, that looks awesome ... it really suits you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hair length is AMAZING on you! Also I feel you on the whole lightening process. Its so long but so very worth it. You hair looks in great condition too all things considered! :) Hair changes are so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Have to say I'm loving your hair too :)

      Delete
  9. Both the colour and style suit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've already said that I like this a lot? somewhere. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...