I have been enjoying myself immensely during the autumn months, wrapping myself up in 1,000 layers and busting out my collection of increasingly improbable winter hats. I love this time of the year so fricking much. Grey skies! Rain! Leaves everywhere! Scarves! Sweaters! Fuzzy socks! Fairy lights! NaNoWriMo! Gahhhh! *combusts*
Meanwhile, everyone else of my acquaintance is complaining about the weather and wishing it was warmer. So, since I am being rather a smug bastard about the whole thing, I thought there was probably no better time to write a Things I Love Thursday post.
- wine and Tarot evenings with one of my best friends. We both want to get better at reading the cards so we have been setting time aside every week to get together, have a little practice, drink some wine and watch a movie (or some Supernatural). I enjoy this very much and am happy to know someone who likes to do these things too. ^^
- being given a Topshop voucher to make merry with. I ordered a rust-coloured bobble hat (with oversized bobble, natch), a nude eye contour pot in 'Bare' (because I love wearing a brown eyeshadow but they tend to crease even with primer which is a pain; I'm hoping that a cream product might have more staying power and the reviews were pretty positive), and the piece de resistance, a pair of high-waisted teal crushed velvet knickers. Because I needed them, obviously.
- my new tattoo. Words can't express how happy I am with it.
- the new David Wong book, Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits. I bloody love David Wong's books and this one is no exception. I especially love the protagonist, Zoey Ashe, because you can't not love a protag who is a massive scruff, has blue streaks in her hair and goes around sassing everyone whilst eating pizza and being covered in cat hair. (Her cat's name is Stench Machine.)
- Lush's Big shampoo. Smells lovely, the sea salt feels great on my scalp and I honestly don't think my hair ever looked better. Wish I'd discovered it years ago. In fact, on the subject of Lush, I also recently bought their perfume The Smell of Weather Turning, it's minty and smoky and strange, I really like it!
- being able to butcher half of Teenage Kicks on my guitar. Feels like a huge achievement.
- Sorry Mom Tattoo Balm. My tattooist gave me a free sample and after a couple of days using it I ordered a full-size tube from Asos. On all my other tattoos, I've used Bepanthen to keep them moist whilst they heal but Sorry Mom is so much better. For starters it's not so sticky or greasy and doesn't leave oily stains on my clothes. Also unlike Bepanthen, it doesn't make me break out. My tattoo is healing nicely and looking great!
- Christmas coffees! It's never too early for highly calorific caffeine goodness. ;)
What are you guys loving in November? :)