Thursday, 20 August 2015

Outfit Post, the First

When I started my blog Bohemian Bloomers, many people requested that I continue the outfit posts I'd started with on my first blog Stripy Tights and Dark Delights. Now, a few years have gone by and I'm really not sure that the request still stands! Nevertheless I'm still in the habit of taking photos to remind me of favourite wardrobe combinations. Sometimes I don't feel it's terribly helpful, especially as I have been avoiding putting too much emphasis on fashion as a part of my life, but other times I enjoy looking back on what I wore when.

If I wear something I particularly like, or get something new that I've fallen in love with, I often post a photo on my Instagram (although I try not to do that too much; I don't really want to get it into my head that I'm trying to be a proper fashion blogger or something - I don't feel that would end well! The aim of my fashion is first and foremost to cover my nudity and secondly to please myself, rather than attempt to set myself up as some sort of wannabe style icon - eek!).

That said, here for the curious and for my own future reflection, is a round-up of some things I have recently put on my body, which for various reasons (mainly laziness) never made it to Instagram. Generally these are fairly casual; I'm still very tentative with my own, newly-developed sense of personal style and tend to screw it up and overdo it (read: look completely mental) if I try too hard. As much as I enjoyed writing my style concept, I've had to try hard not to overthink it in day-to-day life or I end up with the problem of feeling as though I'm wearing a costume once again. >.<  I like to think I'm maybe a bit quirky but without overthinking or overstyling - I'd much rather get lost in a book than in my wardrobe.

Necklace: Urban Outfitters
T-shirt and cardigan: thrifted
Jeans and shoes: Topshop



Necklace: Urban Outfitters
T-shirt: The Mountain (I cut the collar out)
Blazer: Topshop
Jeans: thrifted
Sparkly Converse: gift from loverboy



Everything thrifted, except book scarf which was a gift from my mum, and shoes as before.


Beanie: River Island
T-shirt (Make Tea Not War): Amazon
Leggings and shirt: thrifted
Boots: Topshop

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I am always interested to see what others wear ( and possibly steal ideas ;)- i love yoyr saying about getting lost in a book rather than a wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like we have an emerging theme here: soft cardie/jumper/blazer, graphic Tee, dainty necklace or scarf, nice jeans and simple shoes. You're doing a good job with color and texture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) haha I have way too many graphic tees I can't stop buying them >.< I'm not even allowed to wear them for one of my jobs so I should probably rein it in a bit...

      Delete
  3. let's see how many of us will fall in love with your book scarf! and i vote for outfit posts whenever you feel like doing them! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...