Friday, 3 April 2015

Liebster Award

Hi guys :) I was nominated for a Liebster Award by kakuidori of Just Keep Brains!. Haven't done one of these in a while.

Rules
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
  3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
  5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.




11 Random Facts About Me

  1. I enjoy foods that most people I know seem to hate, including tofu, Brussels sprouts and olives.
  2. I buy endless joss sticks and scented candles but am rarely at home long enough to burn them.
  3. I haven't let my Tumblr queue run down in years, until my recent media diet.
  4. I sleep in plaits.
  5. My all-time favourite movie is Pan's Labyrinth.
  6. I haven't learned to drive yet because I'm scared.
  7. My grandmother was a Danish immigrant.
  8. My favourite perfume smells like coffee; I got it from a random hippie shop by the beach.
  9. I'm hungry.
  10. I drink my coffee black with two sugars.
  11. I was really snobby about Instagram until I got it and now I can't stay off it. :-/

Kakuidori's Questions

Do you believe in spirit animals or a connection to animals in any way?
I'd like to, but no, I can't say I do. I love animals and obviously animals and humans can form strong bonds (I was inconsolable when my dog died) but anything past that is a bit beyond me.

What was your favourite city you've been travelling to so far?
All the cities I have stayed in hold a special place in my heart but my favourite has probably been Paris, just because I had such a wonderful time there.

If you could live as any creature in any time and any place you'd like, what would it look like?
Heheh... myself, now, but rich enough to afford a little house in the mountains and not have to work, so I could read, write and potter around all day.

Why did you start blogging and are you still blogging about the same subject/s?
I started blogging because I was hugely interested in and enthusiastic about Goth culture, and my way of sharing my passions has always been through writing. Nowadays I don't blog about any particular subject; I am still finding my feet on this new site.

How did you come up with your blog's name?
I borrowed it from my Tumblr account; which in turn sprang from the name of another, older account I had ('gutterfaerie'), which was inspired by a book I read called Time of the Faeries. Also at the time I was very interested in dark mori, strega and otherwise fae-like fashion.

Favourite season?
Ooh this is a toughie. I guess probably summer because I like being warm, but I love snuggling up with a hot drink and a book throughout autumn and winter.

Who is your favourite villain?
Loki from the Avengers.

What are you afraid of – any phobia?
Heh. Embarrassingly, I'm scared of the dark. Too many horror films! I have my blinds open at night so the streetlights outside shine in - that way I can see into all the dark corners and make sure nothing is waiting to get me!

Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies?
Vampires. I have a tattoo that's a quote from the book Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite.

What would be your top wardrobe staple?
I don't know where I'd be without jeans. My favourites are my ripped Hayden jeans from Topshop.
A photo posted by Amy Townsend (@wildlavendergirl) on

Would you prefer a night at the club / a bar or on the couch or in nature?
In nature, definitely. Maybe a campfire and some friends. ^^

My 11 Questions
  1. How do you express yourself creatively?
  2. If subcultural terms and labels didn't exist, how would you describe your personal style?
  3. Has a song ever changed your life? What was the song?
  4. If you were on Death Row, what would your last meal be?
  5. What do you regret buying?
  6. Share your go-to recipe.
  7. Describe your dancing style.
  8. What are the five items you couldn't be without?
  9. Recommend a book!
  10. When do you feel at your best?
  11. Where do you want to be in five years' time?
I'm Tagging

Uh... I'm going to cheat a little bit here. I'm not following many people yet, so if you want to do this, I'll let you tag yourself. ;) If it helps, imagine me descending from the sky, grabbing you by the shoulders and whisper-screaming urgently into your bemused face, 'I CHOOSE YOU.' Or don't, it's really up to you.

If you go ahead and nominate yourself for this award, please pop a link to your blog in the comments on this post. :)

Thanks again for the nomination, kakuidori. :) Happy Easter, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I love Pan's Labyrinth!

    Hmmm I might add your questions to my Liebster post when I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your thoughts with us :-) - and happy to see someone else actually LIKES olives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Failed at ways to contact you, I'm going the route I really didn't want to...make a public post on your blog. My name is Michael Jack, and I'm the Managing Editor for Carpe Nocturne Magazine. I have been a long time fan of your blog Stripy Tights, and would love for you to write for us. You can contact me by email at mj@carpenocturne.net and I can give you a lot more information if you are interested. I hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I doubt I'm the writer you're looking for nowadays, I haven't been involved in the Goth scene for quite some time now. I don't have an e-mail address set up at the moment but if you're still interested I will be in touch as soon as I'm able. Thanks again for your interest!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely I'm still interested. At age 43, I'm not very active in the scene either. I think you could contribute a lot to the magazine. You are a skilled writer, and very knowledgeable about fashion. Besides, we cover a broad spectrum of cultures besides just Goth, and also write about a huge variety of topics. I think you will find it fun, and a lot less demanding than you would expect. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...