Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Hoorah, An Awkward Intro Post

I did something today that scared me.
I logged back in to Blogger, after two years of radio silence, during which time, let's be honest, I have been hiding on Tumblr and doing very little indeed. 

My name is Amy, I'm from England, and just in case it matters, I'm 23. Back in ye olde days (...2012) I used to write a blog called Stripy Tights and Dark Delights. Which was mainly me stomping about in my stompy little boots and trying to outGoth all the other Goths. I definitely wasn't as cool as I thought I was, but I had a hell of a good time.
S'me. Haven't really got the hang of this selfie thing yet.
Thing was, it kind of took off a little bit. Not to blow my own trumpet (much), but there was this one time I actually had to take a break at work to have a phone interview with a nice lady from the Guardian (it took half an hour, which earned me a one-line, moderately cringey quote). People recognised me at gigs a couple of times. It wasn't until after several years, spent reeling in shock that people were actually reading stuff wot I wrote, that I came to realise every single bad outfit choice or daft, know-it-all comment would linger on the interwebs like a bad smell and haunt me until the end of time, or thereabouts. 

Eventually I gave up blogging because it took over my life. When I couldn't go out for the day and enjoy myself without spending the whole time preoccupied with how I was going to write it up, I concluded that enough was enough, and closed the curtain.

Also, when I was blogging pretty much every day, I neglected other aspects of my life. Chiefly, writing fiction. I have been a creative writing nut since my school days, but I struggled to put pen to paper on a proper story since Stripy Tights came into being. During my break from blogging I have started to brush up on my craft and get back into writing. I will be talking about that in future posts, and with any luck talking to others of you suffering through procrastination, internal critics, and sitting at the computer for hours writing and re-writing one sentence eighty-six times. 

There will also be some personal stuff, I imagine, and other ramblings of various kinds. 
My HQ. This is my 'serious' writing laptop... it has no internet connection.
So a big hello to you, and thank you for stopping by! If you are an old friend, an old reader, or both, please do say hi, and welcome to any new faces who have stumbled across my tiny corner. I'm always happy to chat, and questions and suggestions are more than welcome. 

45 comments:

  1. 'ello and welcome back! sometimes you just need a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! Thanks for stopping by, nice to see you're still around on Blogger. :)

      Delete
    2. just returned from a break (2 years i think?) about a month ago on my own ^^ (now switched to wordpress though O_O)

      and noooow: start blogging again amy, cant wait to see what is up in your life/mind these days!

      Delete
    3. So we were hiatus buddies haha... Thanks, I will get right on that :)

      Delete
  2. Hello again! It's been a long time! Welcome back! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :D Thank you! It has been an awfully long time. Never really intended to take such a long break but these things happen I suppose >.<

      Delete
  3. wow when i saw the update in my email i thought 'oh yeah! that goth blog i used to follow! what ever happened to that?' and well, i guess now i know! Welcome back! Interesting to hear about your experience with internet fame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Ehh I don't know if I would go so far as to call it fame but it did all go to my head a bit >.<

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I thought to check the old blog after some comment alerts popped up again, spotted the new post with link and hopped on over! Been a long time reader, also been following on Tumblr :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course I remember you from back in the day :D good to see you!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I loved your stripy tights and dark delights blog and was an active reader of of it . I would love to read your fiction sometime ! When you're killing time feel to hit stalk me on the profiles . YouTube :Twishadowhunter3( I had to reboot my account. I don't understand the copy right Infringement ) twitter :TeamEdwardJace tumblr :TeamEdwardJace2 my writing profiles : fanfiction and fiction press:Twishadowhunter . I have a Facebook but I'm hard to find due to URL issues . So check me out if you like

    Love Twishadowhunter/TeamEdwardJace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will :) I remember you from years ago I think!

      Delete
  6. HI! HI! HI! Welcome back, sweet dear. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I was wondering what the hell happened to you!!!! WELCOME BAAAAACKKK!!! So happy about this!!!! I'm moving to England next summer for 6 months in June (find all about that in my latest post if you want), I think it would be really nice to meet you *blush* if that's not too much to ask, not because of stripy tights but because you seems like an interesting person! Hope you stay tuned here from time to time and really enjoy this blog :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya!! Thank you very much hun :)) Of course we can meet up, that would be great!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Heheheh, here I am! :)) Nice to see you again!

      Delete
  9. It's so good hearing from you again, Amy. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So nice to see how many of the old guard are still around :)

      Delete
  10. That article was cringey, ha ha! Welcome back from another faery girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawd I know... I was so nervous about it as well. Never mind!
      Thank you hun :))

      Delete
  11. I don't know how, but I found myself back on Stripy Tights this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see an update. Daft as it sounds, reading your blog did give me that little bit more confidence to be 'wierd', even if I'm a slightly different brand these days. So, a belated thank you, and welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A different brand of weird... I kinda like that! ;-) You are MOST welcome, and thank you very much :-)))

      Delete
  12. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your posts again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omygod ohmygod ohmygod. You are back! Is it strange that I sometimes turn back to Stripy Tights and sigh deeply?

    Cheers to us all maturing and growing into big beautiful blossoms or pineapples or whatever other metaphorical plant you all can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange in a GOOD way ;-) (heh, I just kid.)
      High five to my fellow big beautiful pineapple!

      Delete
  14. Ah, the famous Stripy Tights and Dark Delights blog… Still useful even though it was written some years ago!

    Aaaand so, this new blog of yours is for me the occasion to give you many thanks for the old one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are back! Your Stripy Tights blog was really an inspiration for me. I thought literally yesterday if you ever come back to blogging and I randomly came to your old blog and saw an update. It made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :D Thank you so much! And what a strange coincidence :)))

      Delete
  16. Glad to see you back in the blogosphere! XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Late to the party, but welcome back! Like someone else mentioned, I do like to visit Stripy Tights and heave a nostalgic sigh once in a while. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Haha, I'm glad it's not just me that does that ;)

      Delete
  18. Late to the party, but welcome back! Like someone else mentioned, I do like to visit Stripy Tights and heave a nostalgic sigh once in a while. xD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy you're back!
    I read all your Stripy tights-posts and feel as though I know you, even though I never commented there. So I checked Bohemian Bloomers today and found this blog there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much! It's so lovely that people are still checking in after all this time :-3

      Delete
  20. Hi! Some months ago I had stumbled upon your old blog and read most of it, thinking it was a pity it was inactive, but you did the best for yourself. I'm happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...